Polyester Halyard Line for Flagpoles - by the footItem #: HALW14POLY
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
This fully braided white halyard line is made from durable and strong polyester threads woven together for the most durable halyard line designed for use on flagpoles. Available in four sizes - 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", & 1/2". Please see our recommended guide below for the ideal size for your application. Made in the USA.
What size halyard line should I use?
- 1/4" halyard line is recommend for flagpoles up to 20' and ideally for those only with 2"OD or less sections. This size can also be used for those with very small pulley wheels or for one-piece flagpoles who have a top diameter of less than 2".
- 5/16" halyard line is recommended for flagpoles 20' up to 40' with a top diameter of 2" or more.
- 3/8" halyard line is recommended for flagpoles 40'+ or those that experience high winds and need a halyard with maximum tensile strength.
How much halyard line do I need for my flagpole?
- There are a few different factors when determining how much halyard you will need for your flagpole - height, type of flagpole (external halyard vs. internal halyard), & the location of your cleat.
- External Halyard Style Flagpoles: Take the exposed height of your flagpole and deduct the height of the cleat from ground level. Multiple this number by 2, then add 8 feet of tie off to your cleat.
- Internal Halyard Style Flagpoles*: Take the exposed height of your flagpole and multiply this number by 2.
Our products are made from a variety of materials. Our strongest American made flags are made from from 200 denier nylon or 2-ply spun polyester flag fabric. While we carry other types of materials for economy flags, these two are the most popular materials we offer.
Flagpoles are made from aluminum, fiberglass, or steel as well as many of the components that accompany them.
Our American flags, 1-piece aluminum flagpoles, and aluminum component are made in the USA as are most State, International, Military, Nautical, Patriotic Bunting & Decorations. We try to source our goods from US Manufacturers that use US raw goods to manufacturer their products. Items that are imported are noted on the individual product description.
Yes, we are open for in-store shopping. We are following Washington State COVID protocols for retail businesses including employee health checks, increased cleaning practices, social distancing, & the wearing of face coverings. For store hours including our holiday schedule, please click here.
Our products are shipped the same or next business day via USPS or UPS.